Saturday, November 29, 2014

More adventure/story telling with pictures! Feb 2013

So, to continue on with the adventure....

 I was specifically looking for and finding different areas that might need some attention.  I noticed lots of nooks and crannies that needed to be dealt with once the painting came.  This rust area is behind the passenger side turn signal on the front of the van.  You can see the surface rust that could turn into some really nasty problems if it wasnt taken care of properly.
 This was one of the fixes to the radiator that I found.  I kinda think this was one of the spots that the owner had mentioned he had leaks from.  It doesnt matter anyways....the rust seen below was too much to deal with.  This radiator will get scrapped. 
 ewww.....so much nasty rust... Salad fingers would love that shit
At least the wiring looks good.  Everything that was rubber/seal/boot related turned out to be amazingly flexible and reusable.  I wont have to deal with any of that stuff thankfully.  I might add some sealant or something around those areas when I install them....but im not sure yet.

 Also, that day would bring me MANY gifts from a massive sale that Gowesty.com had that I took advantage of.  I had gotten the fox shocks for the front & rear as well as the progressive springs.  This would help with not only the ground clearance but also durability and serviceability.  I was planning on putting bigger tires and rims so I needed the extra ground clearance.  The fox floats shocks were something I had experience with in college and LOVED them.  So, I knew these would be life long shocks for this baby.  If I ever had any problems, I would just rebuild them.

lol to my wife holding onto our cat...bubbles. 
 OOOooooo..... so pretty
 MMMm  Bokeh...
 Rockin the gowesty dot peening
And, at the same time I got myself the manual for the vehicle.  This will prove to be amazingly important when working the electrical.  I will most likely be updating and rewiring the electrical.  Oh...I forgot to mention.  Our cat is a sphynx (tuxedo).  Hes actually cuddling with me right now as I type this post.  Naked cats are awesome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment