Sunday, November 30, 2014

Some more cool things I wanted my vanagon to have!


 This was a cool little PVC door that someone made to keep out the dog from the front area of the van.

Here is a really nice little simplified electrical wiring diagram to install extra lights in places.  See?  lots of support on these vans.  





 I could see this being me in a few years......

 I was also doing research into components that I could purchase that would allow me to do all of the things that I wanted to have in the van.  This pure sine wave converter from magnum would be a great choice to make sure I have 110v power in the van.  The boating industry had a lot more information regarding inverters and generators than the RV industry did, so thats why boating stuff will pop up from time to time.  Ill use what I can from other industries to get what I want accomplished.  I still to this day have not bought an inverter....so I didnt choose the one above, it was only research. 

 In the meantime, I was also re-painting one of my tables.  Its funny because I call it a table because it has four-ish legs with a work surface....but its actually a cast iron gang drill press machine base.  Its about 600 lbs and has channels around its top work surface to have oil and coolant get collected as it is used on the worksurface.  It has 6 drill presses attached to it.  I eventually sold all of them and just use my milling machine.  
 
 More sine inverter stuff that I was looking at.  

 I was also trying to see what other people did for space management.  I really enjoy this one.

 This was also a cool post from a gentlemen who made a toyota tacoma into an expedition vehicle.  He used that aircraft tracking to allow different things to hung up and quickly accessed.  Cool Idea.

 And I also came upon the website sewfine.com at this time.  They have a LOT of cool fabric stuff for the vanagons and buses.  Like I said, nice aftermarket support for the vanagons.  Lovin it.  

 Even Sun visors?  psh....this place rocks.  

 I was also looking into engine conversions.  I didnt know what I wanted, but all that I did know was that my mechanical and naturally aspirated diesel of 46 hp (and a top speed of 55mph) was NOT going to cut it.  It had huge design flaws in the transmission as well as the diesel was not supported well.  Sure, decent MPG.....but bad everywhere else.  This website above showed me a few cool conversions done.  Also, gowesty.com had a wonderful library article on why they dont sell replacements for the 80-82 transmissions.  That sold me on a conversion.  I needed a good trans.  


 I will also be making sure that I have LOTS of battery power in my van.  

 I can buy pretty much whatever I need through the samba.  Electric side mirrors will be something I add.  

 I also was doing a LOT of trailer hauling at the time, so i was poking around to see what people were towing with their vanagons.  Basically, I ended up finding out that I can safely tow 2000 lbs behind my vanagon.  Pretty much the same as my VW golf.  


 Well that is a cool trailer....

 I started doing some research into the cooling problem for my vanagon and found out that the radiator is a common problem.  I will have to flush out the one that I get to replace mine.  

More interesting info on radiators. Woot to the samba

 
 I was also curious on how people deal with kids or pets in their vans.  So these photos have some cool ideas on how to manage more sleep room.  

 How cool.....baby storage.  

 now THAT is the way to sleep as a child......  or an adult.

 How creative....

 Nice idea on storage... of said human storage.
 Nice place to hang them too...

 Even NICER place to hang them.....   Nice...

 Huh....what a cool idea.  I love it.  Put a drawer there!
 Yeah I am so going to do that....

 Solar charger....nice...

More storage!.... nice idea there buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment